Columbia Venture Partners is Columbia’s first and leading venture capital initiative for the undergraduate student body. We focus on bringing opportunities from the broader VC community to campus.
Columbia Venture Partners (CVP) is a student-run venture capital initiative in the New York City area, founded in the spring of 2016. We educate the Columbia University student body on angel investing, venture capital, and growth equity by providing the most promising students with real-world experience in the venture capital industry.
Every semester, CVP recruits for a cohort of 4-8 students ("analysts") who we invite to participate in our program. CVP then provides three core resources for our student analysts throughout the 10-week long program:
- CVP Academy: CVP runs a comprehensive semester-long program of weekly lecture series covering the basics of venture capital. Analyst will leave the program with a working understanding of valuation, term sheets, the current startup ecosystem, and industry trends.
- Internships: Analysts will work on ad-hoc projects with venture capital/angel investing firms in Manhattan, gaining real-world, hands-on experience in the space. Projects include market maps, industry white papers, deal sourcing, due diligence, product feedback, and more.
- Mentor network: CVP provides a wide network of Columbia alumni, professors, and students in the startup/VC space in Manhattan to serve as mentors to our analysts. Each semester, analysts will be paired with one mentor who will serve as a resource throughout the duration of the program.
CVP delivers results
After launching in February, we ran our first pilot analyst training/education program for Spring 2016.
All 4 analysts received offers for summer internships, with 2 being placed at our partner Bowery Capital.
apply to cvp
Columbia Venture Partners is currently recruiting for our Spring 2019 cohort of analysts! Check out our recruiting calendar below to learn more and meet the board in person.
- September 16: Applications open
- September 24, Midnight: Applications close
- September 28- 29: First round interviews
- October 1: Final round Interviews
- Beginning of October: Decisions released
Follow us on Facebook and sign up for our mailing list to stay updated on analyst recruiting!